With the fall TV season literally days away and the DVR at 70% capacity, it was time clean house. Watched, not watched, didn’t matter, the delete button was about to get a workout. After a contemplative few minutes here’s what made the cut and what’s been wiped out.
- O.J.: Made in America (5 Episodes) – I really did want to watch this 30 for 30 documentary series, but with 90min parts I was unable to find the time this summer and push come to shove, it was just taking up way too much space on my DVR.
- Thirteen (2 ½ Episodes) – Halfway through the five-episode BBC America miniseries I came to the conclusion that I literally didn’t care about what was going on and deleted the rest of the bunch.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Several S3 Episodes) – I DVRed much of season three because I enjoy being able to re-watch episodes at will, but now the entire season is available on Netflix so sayonara.
- CSI (1 Episode) – One morning I DVRed the 14th season premiere off of USA Network, it was the resolution episode to the previous season’s finale and I recalled it not making much sense, the resolution that is. I wanted to see if a re-watch would clear up some confusion. It did not.
- Iron Man 3 – This is the second time I’ve recorded and deleted Iron Man 3 off my DVR. I really do intend to watch this movie but a version recorded off FX doesn’t seem like the best way to do it. I’m hopeful that it will make it’s way to Netflix this fall when Disney content becomes available.
- Step Up All In – I’m not embarrassed to admit that I really love the Step Up movies, so when the newest one started to air on HBO I recorded it. I’ve since watched the big dance routines a few times now, so I’m good.
- Mr. Robot (1 episode) – I’m caught up on Mr. Robot, but the episode “eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes” begins with a kick ass 90s sitcom homage complete with fake commercials and a new opening theme song. I still need to re-watch it.
- Orphan Black & Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Several Episodes) – I may have deleted some episodes from each series, but not all. Basically what it comes down to is that I’m lazy and hitting play on the DVR is just so much easier than fishing out a DVD or switching to the Roku device for Netflix.
- Luther (Season 4) – Season four is literally just two episodes, which aired in one block so keeping it on the DVR really isn’t an inconvenience. Plus, sometimes I just need to watch Idris Elba solve crimes.
- Hart of Dixie (1 Episode) – I’ve still got the series finale on my DVR because I’d like to watch it one more time. Given that I haven’t in the 12+ months since it originally aired probably means it should have landed on the ‘delete’ list, but for now it stays.
- Firefly 10th Anniversary: Browncoats Unite – Back in 2012 most of the main cast reunited to talk about the series and subsequent movie for an hour-long special. The reunion doesn’t really exist in any tangible form so I’ve been hesitant to delete it.
- Mockingbird Lane (1 Episode) – Bryan Fuller’s failed reboot of The Munsters was aired as a one-off Halloween special on NBC back in 2012 and I can still watch it whenever I want.
What have you deleted off your DVR to make space? Or what episodes of TV can you just not part ways with? Sound off in the comment section below.